1. The Wallington Rooms are the property of the Bradford on Avon Wallington Hall Management (The Management) and are administered by designated persons. The Hirer is the person making the application to hire, either on their own behalf or for a group or organisation and is deemed to be the sole responsible person during the term of the hire. The hirer must be a responsible person over 25 and be present throughout the hiring.
2. The Upper Hall can take up to 60 people seated for meals on tables or 120 standing evenly distributed. Seating and tables are included in the hire but need to be confirmed at the time of booking. The Hirer to advise The Management the final numbers on the Booking Form.
3. Access to the Lower Hall is directly from Church Street. Toilets are up two steps inside. There are no facilities for unaided disabled access nor are there disabled toilets. For the Upper Hall, the same toilets are accessed from a steep set of outside concrete steps. Hirers must ensure that children or unsteady people are accompanied by a helper. Alternatively, by prior arrangement, keys to the lower hall can be provided and access gained as described above. Access to the Upper Hall is from Druces Hill at the back of the building. There are two pairs of steps from road level.
4. Simple kitchen facilities for teas and coffees or for external caterers to bring in prepared food are available. The kitchen is a separate room off to one side of the Upper Hall and has its own external door for caterers to use. Cutlery and crockery are available and Hirers are required to wash and put away any crockery and cutlery. The Hirer to provide their own tea towels and washing-up materials. All rubbish (including bottles) must be placed in the outside bin if space available, otherwise it must be removed from the hall by the hirer at the end of the event.
5. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure that any persons using the kitchens are aware of the requirements of the relevant Food Hygiene Regulations
6. If bookings not fully paid for when made they must be secured by full payment a least one month before due date (unless otherwise agreed) in accordance with the agreed schedule. Cheques are to be made out to Bradford on Avon Masonic Hall Management or sent directly by BACS as on the Booking Form. If the Hirer cancels the booking up to 2 weeks before the event a 50% refund of the full charge is payable. For cancellation after this period there will be no refund and the full charge will be due. Regular repeating weekly or monthly bookings may attract a discount by arrangement
7. The premises will not be available to the hirer before the beginning of the booking and must be vacated on time.
8. The Hirer shall carry out a risk assessment prior to the start of the event.
9. Central Heating is controlled solely by the thermostats (1) Upper Room – at the side of the Wallington Room chimney, and (2) Lower Room – in the recess to the left of the door to toilets. It is essential that this is turned fully down when the building is vacated at the end of the event. If left switched on a charge will be made to cover the cost of wasted energy.
10. The Management reserve the right to cancel the Hire Agreement should the Hall(s) become unfit for use or there is good cause to believe that the booking will lead to a breach of licensing conditions, if applicable, or other legal or statutory requirements. In the event of a cancellation under this clause a full refund shall be due to the Hirer of the fees paid for the cancelled hire but The Management shall not be liable for any other costs whatsoever incurred by the Hirer or their Agent(s).
11. There is no car parking allocation within the area to the rear marked “Private” however loading and unloading is permitted.
12. The right is reserved for a representative of The Management to enter any part of the building at any time.
13. The Hirer agrees that no excessively loud music, amplified sound or noise shall become evident outside the Hall and the Hirer is required to exercise consideration to the local residents while using the Hall.
14. The Hirer may obtain its own Temporary Event Bar Licence if agreed with the Management and the licence to be available five days in advance of the event start. (Lic. Act 2003 refers).
15. The Hirer shall ensure that nothing is done in relation to the Hall in contravention of the law relating to betting, gaming and lotteries and is responsible that the requirements of the relevant legislation are strictly observed.
16. All accidents, injuries or near misses are to be recorded in the accident book and reported to The Management. First Aid boxes are located in the kitchen.
17. Nothing is to be affixed to any part of the premises by any means as this is a Grade 2* listed building and any damage occurring to the hall, fixtures and fittings caused by the Hirer or any person participating in an event at the invitation of the Hirer must be reported to The Management who may require the Hirer to rectify the damage.
18. Care must be taken when erecting and folding down the tables as the leg catches can cause a finger trap hazard. Children must not be permitted the play with the equipment.
19. The Hirer shall be responsible for the maintenance of good order and efficient supervision at the premises and will ensure that the capacity of the Hall is not exceeded and that no unauthorised or uninvited persons gain entry to their private event.
20. The Hirer shall ensure that all fire exits are unlocked during the event and, if necessary, to assign stewards to assist at the exits. Fire exits must be kept unobstructed at all times.
21. At the end of the hire period the Hirer shall ensure that all lighting is turned off and the Hall and kitchen are locked on exit.
22. At the end of the hire period the Hirer agrees to leave the rooms in a clean and tidy state with all items properly dried and stored away. The toilets must be checked and cleaned up if necessary.
23. The Hirer shall ensure that the no-smoking law is enforced and nothing inflammable or explosive is brought into or used on the
Premises. No dogs in the building please (apart from Guide Dogs and certified Therapy dogs)
24. The Management advises that whenever the Hall is used for any activity involving children then each individual staff member or
volunteer engaged in a child care position should all have been subjected to an Enhanced Disclosure check
25. The owners of the building carry Public Liability Insurance up to £5,000,000 per incident. (ALLIANZ policy number SB23196270). This provides cover for accidental injury or damage to third party property where we are held legally liable. We are not covered for any claims that arise from the Hirer’s own activities, i.e. those which may result from their own negligence or incidents that occur away from the building. Neither will this policy provide cover for other peoples’ contents or property left in the hall overnight or at any other time. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to effect whatever insurance is required to cover the hirer’s liabilities.
26. The Hirer agrees to Indemnify The Management against all claims, demands, actions, proceedings, damages, costs and expenses
arising out of non-observance of the Terms of this document.